Don't miss the chance to present your symposium proposal at the Spanish Neuroscience Society Meeting!
The Spanish Neuroscience Society (SENC) Meeting is the premier event for neuroscientists to present emerging science. The Organizing Committee aims to establish a high-quality, well-balanced scientific program, where Symposia play a major role in shaping the scientific direction of the Society's meeting by focusing on timely, relevant research across the field. The Organizing Committee invites you to contribute by submitting a proposal for a symposium in any of the fields of Neuroscience. The following guidelines have been established to clarify the procedures for symposium proposals.
- The symposium title.
- The SENC scientific topic in which your proposal fits best (see SENC Main Themes).
- Name and affiliation of 4 speakers.
- The organizer/s of the symposium must be part of the 4 speakers.
- The organizer/s must act also as chairperson/s of the symposium and will be responsible of the correct timing of the event.
- The organizer must be a member of SENC (in case of two co-organizers, at least one of them has to be a member). The rest of the speakers do not need to be member of SENC, although they are kindly invited and encouraged to join our society.
- A brief description of the relevance and timeliness of the topic, including the issues to be discussed by each speaker. Please, include 3 recent published references for each speaker. You must include this information in the template available here and then upload it during the submission process.
- The verbal acceptance of participation from the proposed speakers.
- English is the official language of the Meeting.
- After the symposium acceptance, each speaker will submit and Abstract following the Template for Abstract submission (Symposium).
- The proposal must not include speakers who have participated as such in lectures or symposia at the SENC 2017 Meeting (Alicante). Members of the board of directors of the Program Committee cannot be speakers at a Symposium. Check the complete list of the speakers at the SENC 2017 Meeting.
- Each organizer/s of the symposium will select 4 poster abstracts from groups unrelated from the speakers of the symposium, to present a short oral poster teaser presentation. The Program Committee will decide the final designation of the four short presentations.
- All symposia will have exactly the same structure and duration. Each Symposium will last 2.15 h. Each of the 4 speakers will have 20 minutes talk + 10 minutes of discussion. In addition, the 4 short poster teasers oral presentations will have duration of 3 min. To control timing during the session also corresponds to the chairperson.
- All Symposia will be selected by the SENC Program Committee.
- Unless recent and exciting developments have occurred within the past two years, themes covered on the program of the last SENC meeting will be less favorably considered.
- Scientific quality, future impact and recent scientific breakthroughs.
- Transdisciplinary proposals will be positively considered.
- The global structure of the scientific program of the meeting and the spread over the topics to be covered.
- Symposia with an equilibrated distribution of chairman/speakers in terms of gender, geography and seniority are highly recommended. The participation of international speakers is strongly advised.
- Benefits for symposia selected by the SENC Program Committee include complimentary registration for the 4 participants in each symposium. Funds will be available to cover at least a portion of the expenses upon request to the SENC Organizing Committee. However, SENC cannot guarantee to meet the whole expenses of speakers, except registration fees. Please, remember that relevant alterations in timing causes major problems for the attendants to the meeting and the normal progression of the planned contents.
- Submission period is from July 2nd to November 5th, 2018.
You will be informed about the decision of the SENC Program Committee by the end of January 2019.